Finder Cool Tricks
Here are a few nifty Ninja tricks to make your finder experience even better than it already is. Woohoo!
Lesson Content & Links:
- Drag highlighted text into finder to create a text snippet.
- You can highlight and Copy (⌘+C) file names and paste (⌘+V) into a text editor or email. Note: TextEdit is not so good for this. Evernote is if you paste without formatting (⌘+Shift+V)
- Double click files when uploading to internet to select instantly.
- When saving files from the internet, you can quickly push ⌘ + D to point Finder to save the file to your desktop.
- Customize your Finder toolbar to your liking.
Leave your ninja related questions and comments below...
Video Time: 8:28
Try some of the tips, like copying file names into an email (if you ever do this) or customizing your Finder sidebar and top nav bar so it's Ninja Clean.
More White Belt Lessons
The Trackpad is Your Sword
Learn how to wield your blade properly in this lesson. This applies to both trackpad and mouse. Increase your sensitive awareness and always...
Optimizing Your Keyboard for Ninja Reflex
Learn how to train your keyboard to keep you with YOU. By default, Macs do not come with optimized keyboard settings. Fix that in this simpl...
Begin zooming through your Mac's windows and apps at lightening speeds. By the end of this lesson you will become an agile Ninja with your c...
Finder Settings Enhancements
Learn the little-known settings enhancements that will instantly and automatically improve your Ninja speed and productivity workflow.
The Finder keyboard commands you need to know in order to start your journey towards becoming a Mac Expert. Finder is powerful and now you w...
Finder Navigation & Tabs (Mavericks)
Learn to navigate around the new Mavericks Finder. All the cool secrets from before and so much more! Including the coolest new feature – ta...
Finder Tags (Mavericks)
Learn to organize your files and folders in a whole new way Mavericks new Tags feature.
Finder Alias Folders
Learn how to use Alias folders in a creative way in order to sync all your most important files and folders instantly to the cloud.