The Finder keyboard commands you need to know in order to start your journey towards becoming a Mac Expert. Finder is powerful and now you will be too.
Lesson Content & Links:
- ⌘ + N = New window
- ⌘ + W = Close window
- ⌘ + shift + N = create new folder
- ⌘ + A = Select all in that directory
- ⌘ + I = Get Info on selected item
- ⌘ + delete = move to trash
- ⌘ + Z = undo deleting or moving
- ⌘ + space = Spotlight (for now)
- ⌘ + option = Search Finder (Alfred will be ⌘ + space)
- Control + ⌘ + 1 or 2 or 3 - Toggle sort by type
- Spacebar = preview item
- Holding Shift or ⌘ to select items
- Press enter while highlighting any file/folder/song to re-name quickly the push enter again to exit editing
- Dragging folders while holding Alt/opt to copy instead of moving.
- Highlighting items with Shift & ⌘ button.
Leave your ninja related questions and comments below...
Video Time: 16:20
Pause the video, practice the shortcuts, and see how they can fit into your own daily flow. Share your personal tips with other Dojo Students in the comments below.
More White Belt Lessons
The Trackpad is Your Sword
Learn how to wield your blade properly in this lesson. This applies to both trackpad and mouse. Increase your sensitive awareness and always...
Optimizing Your Keyboard for Ninja Reflex
Learn how to train your keyboard to keep you with YOU. By default, Macs do not come with optimized keyboard settings. Fix that in this simpl...
Begin zooming through your Mac's windows and apps at lightening speeds. By the end of this lesson you will become an agile Ninja with your c...
Finder Settings Enhancements
Learn the little-known settings enhancements that will instantly and automatically improve your Ninja speed and productivity workflow.
The Finder keyboard commands you need to know in order to start your journey towards becoming a Mac Expert. Finder is powerful and now you w...
Finder Navigation & Tabs (Mavericks)
Learn to navigate around the new Mavericks Finder. All the cool secrets from before and so much more! Including the coolest new feature – ta...
Finder Tags (Mavericks)
Learn to organize your files and folders in a whole new way Mavericks new Tags feature.
Finder Alias Folders
Learn how to use Alias folders in a creative way in order to sync all your most important files and folders instantly to the cloud.